ANNUAL CEDEF PROGRAMME FOR CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES IN SERBIA: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT LEADERS 2015
First Convention- Sremska Mitrovica
Central European Development Forum, CEDEF, in cooperation with the Ministry of Civil Engineering, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Serbia, Ministry of Mining and Energy of the Republic of Serbia, the Committee for Environmental Protection of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, the Agency for Environmental Protection of the Republic of Serbia and Vojvodina Chamber of Commerce have organized the first of five planned conventions in the annual framework of the program "Leaders of Sustainable Development". City of Sremska Mitrovica was the host of this event.
In the premises of the City Administration in Sremska Mitrovica over 250 participants supported this completely new and fresh event in Serbia which brought together representatives of 27 municipalities. At the event were also presented 162 projects in the field of energy efficiency, use of renewable energy sources and environmental protection.
The first Convention was opened by the Secretary of State in the Ministry of Civil Engineering, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Serbia Miodrag Poledica, a greeting word was sent by Branislav Nedimović host of the event, the mayor of Sremska Mitrovica and Ratko Filipovic, President, Chamber of Commerce of Vojvodina.
CEDEF brought together companies that are prepared to contribute significantly to achieving cost savings and overall efficiency in local government: Telekom Serbia, Minel Schreder, Miteco, Knauf Insulation, Naue Opticus, Banca Intesa, DDOR Novi Sad, Viessmann, LG, Arup.
At the meeting in just 90 minutes it was accomplished 120 simultaneous direct meetings between representatives of the municipalities and carriers of advanced technology, which makes this meeting unique in this region. CEDEF will organize another four such sets in which all municipalities will be included in the Program Leaders of Sustainable Development. The following conventions are planned to be implemented in Krusevac, Cacak, Zrenjanin and Belgrade.
Programme of the Convention can be downloaded here.
Presentations of speakers can be downloaded here.
Photos from the meeting can be reviewed here.
Representatives of nine local municipalities were awarded the Recognition "Leader of sustainable development", as confirmation for achieving excellent results in the field of Sustainable "green" development, ie the development and application of renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management and water management in its territory. Municipalities and cities winners are:
1. Kula - Recognition was received by Velibor Milojičić, Deputy Mayor
2. Novi Sad – Recognition was received by Ljubica Topalov, Mayor of the City Administration for communal activities
3. Ruma - Recognition was received by Slađan Mančić, the Mayor
4. Sombor - Recognition was received by Sasa Todorovic, the Mayor
5. Srbobran - Recognition was received by Zoran Mladenovic, the Mayor
6. Sremski Karlovci- in the name of the mayor Milenko Filipović Recognition was received by Rajko Marinković, Deputy Mayor
7. Sremska Mitrovica - Recognition was received by Branislav Nedimović, the Mayor
8. Šabac – Recognition was received by Nebojša Zelenović, the Mayor
9. Vrbas – Recognition was received by Bratislav Kažić, the Mayor