November 2014 - January 2015 National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia
CEDEF cooperation with the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia
Public hearings on the subject of waste management in the Republic of Serbia
CEDEF has gave its full support to the Committee for Environmental Protection of the National Assembly during the organization of the four parliamentary public hearings on the subject of the waste management in the Republic of Serbia. Main preparation material of these public hearings was CEDEF Guide "Recommendations for the management of communal and industrial waste in Belgrade and Republic of Serbia".
Jovanka Arsić-Karišić, CEDEF President of the Board, the active participant of all public hearings, has pointed out the key aspects of the waste management in the Republic of Serbia and Belgrade, which were included in the CEDEF Publication.
Subject of the Public hearing of the Committee for Environmental Protection of the National Assembly were:
- Management of the communal waste in the Republic of Serbia on 7th November 2014
- Industrial waste management and hazardous waste disposal in the Republic of Serbia on 1st December 2014
- Landfils in the Republic of Serbia on 16th December 2014
- Recycling in the Republic of Serbia on 29th January 2015
On the suggestion of CEDEF, besides the State representatives and the representatives of the City of Belgrade, the Public hearings have been attended by many of our partners and the participants of the 7 Public dialogus on the subject of communal and industrial waste managenent which CEDEF have organised during the 2014. Some of the speakers were:
- Prof. dr Aleksandar Jovović, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, reviewer of our Guide
- Lazar Krnjeta, Executive director of the business association KOMDEL, reviewer of our Guide
- Ana Petrović Vukićević, Recyclers Association of Serbia
- Nedeljko Milosavljević, Regional center for waste management "Duboko" Užice
- Vujadin Šćekić, Jugoimpex
- Mileta Gajić, Naue Opticus,
- Marko Popović, Naue Opticus
- Miodrag Mitrović, Association Hrabri čistač/Miteco
- Dragan Dilparić, Gorenje Ekologija-Orses
- Maja Milić, Gorenje Ekologija-Kemis
Photo gallery from the Public hearings can be seen here.