16 December 2015, Belgrade
THE FIFTH SUMMIT OF SERBIAN ENERGY MANAGERS – Sustainable cities of Serbia:
Communal energy, Energy efficiency, Renewable energy, Environmental protection and Green employment
Central European Development Forum, CEDEF in cooperation with the City of Belgrade, Secretariat for Energy organized The Fifth Summit of Serbian Energy Managers – Sustainable cities of Serbia: Communal energy, Energy efficiency, Renewable energy, Environmental protection and Green employment.
The goals of Fifth CEDEF summit were to:
- Point out possibilities of more efficient resource usage that can make savings, improve quality of life and preserve and protect environment in municipalities.
- Indicate possibilities of developing energy efficiency in municipalities using different models of financing sustainable development such as public-private partnerships or ESCO model of cooperation.
- Point out the great potential in a domain of green employment if goals of sustainable development are to be applied consistently.
- Present new technologies and their usage in domain of municipal energy, public lighting, municipal waste, water supply, HVAC systems, production and distribution of electricity and many other smart solutions so that public service in cities could be sustainable, efficient and cost-effective.
- Introduce the significance and the role of energy managers and MEMS education.
Prof. dr Ana B. Bovan ,president of Central European Development Forum pointed out that the Fifth CEDEF Summit of Serbian energy managers is the first event in Serbia where results of COP21 were presented. Danijela Bozanic, chief at Department for Climate Change at the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection, presented the main facts regarding achievements of COP21 while Zoran Predic ,state Secretary at the Ministry of Energy and Mining, emphasized the importance of recently adopted laws that follow EU directives and politics in EE and RES. Marko Stojanovic, secretary for energy in city government, underlined the importance of implementation of new projects both in City of Belgrade and other Serbian municipalities.
Photo gallery of the event can be seen here.
Presentations of speakers can be seen here.